Sunday, November 02, 2008

Trick or Treat











Family boos on Halloween. Boos, not booze. But lots of food like always and apparently too much candy this year. So here is the Trick, a new post after 2 plus years and a new device to make it easier to load the blog. I am giving live writer a test run.

And now the treat. A memory of childhood.

Once upon a time in the late sixties, Timmy wanted to be a Hippy for Halloween. Fig Garden Village was our shopping grounds and they happened to have a store that was something of a tame Head Shop. Located next to the Library, it sold posters and buttons to the teens. I was less than 10 years old at the time, so I have no idea if it sold more than that. Matronly Mom decided Timmy needed some buttons to wear on his costume and spent some time reading all the buttons to find ones that weren't too objectionable. She finally decided on a mild anti-war button and one that sounded nice about some girl. So the two buttons I remember were "Peace" and "I Love Mary Jane"

My 26 year old sister thought it was hilarious.

No comments: